Application deadline: 04-10-2018
Start date: November 2018
Contract: 1.5 years (full-time)
Location: Amman, Jordan
Plan International, in partnership with the Jordanian Ministry of Education, Lamsa World and Ustad Mobile, is piloting the use of technology in early childhood education to support play-based learning and social and emotional development activities at home for parents and children. The Lamsustad Model is implemented in the governorates of Amman, Zarqa, and Irbid in Jordan. The successful applicant will work with all three partners, as an employee of Lamsa World.
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Founded in 1937, Plan is active in 71 countries across the globe.
Lamsa World develops and operates an Internet and mobile-based application that allows toddlers and preschoolers to access interactive books, games, videos, music, and other forms of edutainment products and services in Arabic. The company is based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Ustad Mobile develops an open source mobile learning app that enables learners to access and share education content offline, on the devices that they own. The social enterprise is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to support the implementation and management of Lamustad deployments alongside key partners in Jordan. Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the testing, implementation, ongoing project support, and monitoring of the Lamustad Model for and with project stakeholders (KG teachers, school principals, Ministry of Education staff and the technical committees assigned to the project).
- Preparing training materials and delivering training for field-level staff (teachers, school leaders) in coordination with the curriculum training specialist.
- Setting and managing project expectations with team members (including designers, technical team, operations) and other project stakeholders (including teachers, school leaders, Ministry of Education staff).
- Coordinating with the Plan International team on regular basis making sure that projects activities are aligned and integrated.
- Documenting project activities through regular reports as well as other deliverables for social media.
- Supporting local education authorities to implement the Lamustad Model in regular coordination meetings.
- Performing other related duties incidental to the work described above.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, education, social sciences, international development or related fields.
- You have 2+ years of experience in project coordination, teaching or community development.
- You have experience working with marginalized communities through prior employment or on a voluntary basis.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- You are proficient in Word and Excel.
- You have a curiosity for technology.
- You have a willingness to travel to project implementation sites in Jordan.
- You have the right to live and work in Jordan.
How to apply:
- Take a look at our website and social media accounts to learn more about what we do.
- Fill out the application form here.
You will be asked to submit your CV in the application form. You can choose to upload your CV as a PDF document, or alternatively provide your LinkedIn or online CV URL.