Salary: 5,000 AED/month ($1,362.4 USD/month).
Location: Dubai, UAE
Application deadline: 14/Dec/2020 23:59 UAE Time (GMT+4) Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can.
Ustad Mobile is a social enterprise based in Dubai. Our app enables users to teach, learn, and share, online or offline. The app supports offline content usage, sharing content offline between devices, class management, attendance tracking, and homework assignments. We work with leading organizations in the humanitarian sector and have active projects in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Jordan, and Lebanon among others.
The software tester will be responsible for quality assurance for our mobile app, server apps, and website. The successful candidate will understand the desired behavior of the system and conduct manual exploratory tests that supplement existing automated tests, and validate bug reports provided by clients. They will identify any issues where the actual behavior deviates from the behavior that users expect.
Please apply using this form.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Rigorously test newly developed software to identify any issues where behavior deviates from what users would expect. Some automated testing is already in place. This additional testing is designed to identify what might not be identified by automated testing practices.
- Validate and reproduce bug reports that are received from clients to ensure all information required for the developer to fix (e.g. screencast videos, system logs, etc) is in place.
- Monitor automated bug reporting systems to identify potential issues.
- Record all issues in a bug tracking system and follow-up from report to the roll-out of a fix.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to independently experiment to find ways that the software might break or might not behave as expected by users.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Computer science or related higher education (current students are welcome to apply).
- Some coding experience.
Ustad Mobile is an equal opportunities employer. We are a small flexible team and open to flexible work arrangements. The successful candidate will be expected to relocate to the UAE in the short to medium term if they are not based in there. Please email info [at] ustadmobile.com with “Chief Business Development Officer” in the subject line if you have any questions.